It = Faith in this current scenario. If we don't utilize faith as part of our life it will slowly fade away and we may lose our faith.
Hebrews 11:1 (NLT) defines faith as
...the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.
It is important to realize that we are "foreigners" on Earth and that we will have desires that aren't of God (1 Peter 2:11-12). So we realize that our real life is WITH GOD, not here today on Earth. This takes a daily exercise of faith to remember and live out.
Chris spoke repeatedly about how we view the world around us. Obviously we view things with our eyes and Jesus talks about the eye in Matthew 6:22-23:
“Your eye is a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is good, your whole body is filled with light. But when your eye is bad, your whole body is filled with darkness. And if the light you think you have is actually darkness, how deep that darkness is!
Our viewpoint constantly shifts between the world and God. It is simple to say that we all want to focus on God, but it takes a step of faith to actually work that out and rely on Him and trust Him with everything. Chris also said "anything that stops me from experiencing faith is evil." Without diluting that message it may not be evil, but our view of it is evil. In my life, my pursuit of a job isn't evil, God wants us to work, but if I place that pursuit ahead of my pursuit of God (which is probably the case) then it has become evil.
Father you have seen and created everything, help me to have the confidence to trust in Your plans and to be seeking Your Will.
This week's journal questions are:
- What is the process you go through to make a decisions?
- Your paradigm has been formed through experience - how much has faith impacted it?
- Is God talking to you about your faith? How much does it come into play in your life?
- What sense do you rely on the most? Why?
- Faith takes us to God's reality. In His reality we see that we are just visiting here. Does this change your view on anything?
- If you had one year left on this earth - how would your life change?
- Write about what you have learned about faith and yourself this week.