If you could save the world while saving money, getting fit, simplifying your life, and becoming happier would you do it?
His 5 steps/ways to save the world are:
- Get outdoors more,
- Commute by bike/walk to work,
- Do a clean-up,
- Use less energy at home, and
- Buy less, or buy used.
After each step he comments how it will do everything he promised. I like this particular one because I can appreciate the "running around the house" line.
4. Use less energy at home. There are a ton of ways to do this: use compact florescent lightbulbs, set your thermostat lower (for heating) or higher (for cooling), insulate, use less hot water, dry clothes using a clothesline, turn things off when they’re not in use, get energy efficient appliances, etc.
- How this helps the environment: Using less energy means you contribute less to global warming.
- How this saves money: Using less energy means your power bill is lower. And that can be a substantial savings.
- How this gets you fitter: It doesn’t … unless you’re running around the house more because you turned off all the heating. :)
- How this simplifies your life: Using less energy is much simpler in the long run.
- How this makes you happier: I think this is one of those times when just playing your part to reduce global warming and doing the right thing makes you happier.