The Million Muslim Outreach is one of several current campaigns being run by the dynamic organization Crescent Project.
About Crescent Project
Our vision is to equip the North American Christian community to sensitively share the joy of knowing Christ with their Muslim neighbors. Personal relationships between Christian and Muslim populations are often strained or non-existent because of rampant misunderstandings that lead to fear and distrust. Our goal is to overcome misunderstandings about Islam through education so that Christians take the initiative to build friendships with their Muslim neighbors. Personal relationships open the door for discussion about spiritual issues and personal beliefs.
The overall strategy is genius. Reach the millions of Muslims who are currently in the US and when they become Christians they will take the Hope of the Gospel back to their home country with them. Western Christians have a hard time entering restricted countries, but these new Christians are able to return home and share with their family and friends.
There are actually lots of ways to get involved with the Crescent Project, depending on your time and passion. (I'm going to try and list them from easiest/shortest to longest)
- Prayer - sign up for their bi-weekly prayer e-newsletter
- Research/Resources - reading their books, watching a DVD, listening to podcasts, and much more.
- Oasis Groups - join other local Christians in prayer and outreach at monthly gatherings
- Sharing the Hope Seminars - this is a one-day introduction to Islam, Muslim cultures, and ministry tools. These are held across the country and you can request one for your area. It is also available online.
- The Oasis Conference - this is a weekend long training program held in Indianapolis each year. The weekend includes speakers, workshops, visiting a mosque, and much more.
- The Sahara Challenge - a one-week intensive training session focused on bridging the gap between Christians and Muslims. It is also a pre-requisite for the next step:
- Short-term Trips - spend a week in a Muslim country, gaining first hand experience interacting with Muslims and practicing your new skills and information.
Of course you are able to contribute financially to the Crescent Project or any of their ministry activities. They are also looking for new churches to connect with across the country and have a monthly luncheon in Indianapolis to spread the news of the organization.
Back to the Headline
What is the Million Muslim Outreach?
Our vision is to see that one million American Muslims hear the gospel in 2007. We want that message to come through Christians living for Jesus. We believe in the power of one:
1 Christian committed to sharing the message of Jesus 1 Muslim's life changed creates a ripple effect among friends and family
We're working with other Christian groups and churches to make this vision a reality. A Million Muslim Outreach will only be a catchy idea until you choose to act. Get involved today. Share the message of Christ with a Muslim.
You can purchase an outreach packet which contains resources which you can give directly to a Muslim. The resources help a Muslim connect their beliefs about Jesus with what we as Christians believe. The packet includes Life of the Messiah DVD, Adha in the Injeel (Sacrifice in the NT), and Is the Injeel Corrupted? (Is the NT Corrupted?).